Wednesday 7 March 2007

A Visit to Sweden with surprises...

So. Weekend in Sweden with a big surprise. Basically we were going to see my niece's baptism and my brother asked me to take pictures in church. I said well I can do that and got a fast film since I did not have a flash on my SLR-camera.
However, coming home I realised that I had a "slide-film" in the camera and did not want to waste it and asked my father for advice. He said well you can always save the fast one for another occasion. We looked at each other and said: "For his wedding!!" And laughed.
Well before the baptism I kind of needed to change film anyway so I did. Then when the first chord on the organ played I realised that that was exactly what I had been doing. With the 'Bride March' playing my brother, dresses in mess uniform, and his fiance, dressed in a lovely white dress with dark red ornaments, walked up the ile. We had all been fooled. Only 5 persons knew about them getting married at the same time, themselves, my sister, my sisters boyfriend and the priest. It was a very beautiful wedding. Of course my nice was baptised also. I hope to be able to put some pictures to this text in the weekend or after the weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well... I knew that swedes are weird and can surprise ;) as PG's father said... one less party... Btw the bride was wearing a very nice dress, but... wasn't she freezing??? I believe I would have died in her palce (interesting: if one would die in that circumstance, one would have baptism + wedding + funeral al together, very inetresting). Have fun!!!!!!!!